Star Casino slash 90 per cent of its workforce

Star Casino have slashed 90 per cent of its workforce across its three Australian venues after they close amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

The casino employs roughly 9,000 people in areas such as gaming, beverages and dining across it’s Sydney, Gold Coast and bola88 (bebas.Me) Brisbane venues.

Senior staff will also be stood down by the casinos.

‚As an immediate measure, The Star has taken a very difficult, but necessary, decision in relation to its workforce,‘ a letter to the ASX read.

Star Casino have slashed 90 per cent of its workforce across its three Australian venues as they close their doors amid the coronavirus pandemic (stock)

‚We are in the process of temporarily standing down over 90 per cent of our approximately 9,000 employees. These stand downs include senior management. 

‚To assist our employees at this time, The Star has provided two weeks of paid pandemic leave. In addition, employees will be able to access any accrued annual and long service leave entitlements.‘ 

The casino’s management asserts once the financial impact of the pandemic eases their jobs will still be there. 

Star Casino’s board and senior management will also take a cut to their fees and salaries.

RELATED ARTICLES

Previous

1

2

Next

Who should you ask for help if coronavirus symptoms strike?… Nobel Prize-winning pandemic expert predicts Australia’s…

Australia’s coronavirus cases could spike to 10,000 in just…

Share this article

Share

Details of their salary cuts will be revealed at a later date. 

Chairman John O’Neill AO said: ‚This is a unique environment and one beyond our control in which we’re determined to balance the necessary measures needed to protect the business while considering the considerable human impact to our workforce.‘ 

Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Matt Bekier echoed Mr O’Neill’s sentiments.

Mr Bekier said the casinos employ ‚incredible people with huge potential‘. 

he casino employs roughly 9,000 people in areas such as gaming, beverages and dining across it’s Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane venues (stock)

‚We are also confronting, like the rest of society, an unprecedented challenge in the COVID-19 situation,‘ he said.

The casino closed trading on Monday, in line with the federal government closing down non-essential businesses.   

Several businesses have needed to lay off staff following the government’s mandare that all non-essential businesses such as gyms, restaurants, cafes and bars must close.

On Tuesday Prime Minister Scott Morrison added businesses such as beauticians to that list. 

Airlines such as Tiger Air and Qantas have stood down the majority of staff as flights were cut.

8chan owner says website bequeath check downward until he talks with Congress

id=“article-body“ class=“row“ section=“article-body“>

A screenshot from 8chan proprietor Jim Watkins‘ telecasting responding to a shot in Oslo, Norge.

Jim Watkins/YouTube

8chan proprietor Jim Watkins uploaded a telecasting to YouTube on Sunday in reply to media reports that falsely said an so-called gunman, accused of an attempted terrorist assault on a mosque in Norway on Saturday, posted on the content plank prior to the incident. Watkins says in the television that the look-alike control board has been down, by choice, for the final week and it wouldn’t be possible to billet anything to the site. 

„The website has been offline voluntarily for the last week,“ he aforementioned in the video recording interpreted at the Littoral Regency Cassino Hotel in Reno, Nevada, according to the YouTube verbal description. „It’s really really sad. Please don’t blame me.“ 

Now playing: Look on this: What power chance to 8chan? (The Daily Charge, 8/7/2019)

6:06

Watkins says he wish convey the web site rear online formerly he’s talked with „Homeland Security.“ He’s potential referring to the Family Committee on Mother country Security, which requested he look in front man of Relation to savoir-faire the proliferation of ultra contented on 8chan. 

„I want them to understand that we have nothing to do with this crazy violence that’s been happening,“ he aforementioned. „I want them to understand what’s been going on because it’s obviously a smear by the press.“

A spokesperson for the Commission told CNET they let been in adjoin with Watkins. 

8chan, a site democratic with extremists, has been largely offline since Aug. 5 subsequently cyberspace security department caller Cloudflare and early providers decided to halt functional with the web site. „They have proven themselves to be lawless, and that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths,“ Cloudflare CEO St. Matthew the Apostle Prince wrote in a web log Emily Price Post on August. 5.

The accelerator was a batch shot that killed 22 populate and injured another deuce dozen at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, on August. 3. A hate-filled manifesto from the suspected hit man was published on 8chan just earlier his aggress. At least triad gunman birth posted manifestos to the website earlier shot rampages this twelvemonth. 

ot Saturday, a gentleman wearing away dead body armour and a helmet, while carrying two „shotgun-like weapons and pistol,“ attempted to ardour on a mosque placed external of Oslo. The supposed shooter was stopped by a worshiper, according to The New York Multiplication. When law searched the man’s firm later on the attempted shooting, they reportedly revealed the personify of a perfectly cleaning lady. 

It appears the supposed assaulter did Emily Post messages Poker online (linkagen.me) anterior to the incident, only on a different content board known as EndChan. The board’s Twitter report made a statement corroboratory that messages, images and a join to a Facebook livestream were posted by person claiming to be the gunman, which were remote by moderators.

We only habitual that person claiming to be the Oslo shot posted their Facebook pullulate and imgur golf links on our user-streamlet political science gameboard (which has denounced violence). Its moderators let deleted the weave. A manifesto was not posted.

— EndChan (@EndChanXYZ) August 12, 2019

The program line across multiple tweets said on that point had been an inflow of users since 8chan’s closedown. It says that the alleged triggerman is „not representative of our regular user base“ and that the situation has had no similar incidents since it open in 2015.

8chan administrators didn’t in real time respond to a bespeak for remark. 

Originally published August. 13, 8:21 a.m. PT.

Update, 8:59 a.m.: Adds Sir Thomas More play down on 8chan. 2:53 p.m.: Adds remark from Citizens committee.

Comments

Notification on

Notification off

Politics